While we lay sleeping



I woke up this morning, without even bothering to look at the match scores from last night, which included Venus, Blake, Tsonga and Gulbis.

Well, it didn't take long for me to learn that Venus got knocked out by Carla Suarez Navarro, in the 2nd round!

OMG, I had written in Venus as my favorite to win the Australian Open, over her sister Serena. Especially after Serena's performance last night. Up until the Australian Open, it looked to me like Venus was playing amazing and hungry tennis.

Venus' Australian Open record is 33-10 - almost identical to her French Open record of 35-12. Which is not bad by any means, just not as impressive as her 5 titles and 58-7 record at Wimbledon.

Since 2004, Venus has had exits in the 3RD, 4TH, 1ST, QF and now in the 2RD at the Australian. Next time, I'll go with my heart. Go JJ!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - mobster blog - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template