Federer in 5!


Phew! Can you say "stressed out"? Being a hardcore Federer supporter and fan, I was so worried to see him go down 2 sets to Tomas Berdych in the Round of 16 at the Aussie Open tonight. The hard-hitting Czech was in complete control during those 1st two sets. His forehands were crisp and literally hitting the line, time and time again.

But in the 7th game of the 3rd set, a combination of increased performance by Federer and a couple of unforced errors by Berdych, found the Fed Express turning the tide for the first time during the match. Roger had found his stride and starting believing in himself again. He took the match 4/6 6/7 6/4 6/4 6/2. Wow! I was sweating beads! I actually took a shower break just to calm my emotions down. Haha! In a night that saw Jelena Jankovic make an early exit, this would have been an even bigger upset! Luckily for JJ (and Federer), her headline is safe.

The true sign of a Champion is his ability to dig down deep, and to find the courage to fight no matter what. It was so refreshing to see Federer showing so much emotion.

This win will give Federer a lot of confidence heading into the Quarterfinals. Look out del Potro!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Federer!!! Lol...this guy amazes me every time. It's amazing how much heart he puts in a game.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you there. I was so worried about the Swiss that I was angry at anyone who wanted me to get away from the tv while he was playing.

Phew!!!

Copyright © 2008 - mobster blog - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template